Labels

beekeeping (2) garden (15) recipes (1)

Monday, September 19, 2011

I JUST NEED TO READ THIS G.D. BEE BOOK! ZZzzzzz

This is a post I wrote in Feb/March of 2011 and never posted- I titled it "I just need to read this GD Bee book" because I was cramming to learn everything about bees before starting hives in April. More updates to come! 

All good bloggers take 6 months off. That's the new rule. In my defense, I got sucked into a time warp of job interviews and the accompanying severe and extremely debilitating urge to do nothing before you're forced to do something for 8 hours a day.  I got a great job in August/September and managed to finish a few books and take many a hammock nap before my start date in October.  Here are the highlights from when I left off-


  •  We never put horses out back because we were made aware that those horses would come with an accompanying dog killing donkey named Taco, for real.  SO, we passed on that tempting offer and are leaving it for groundhog cover for a while. 
  •  ALLLLLL my dahlias started blooming at the same time, so this post will have random dahlia pics throughout. 


  • We started our 17month stint "fostercaring" for a cat named Jo - Ms. Josephine if you're dirty. It's a long story but she's adjusting well from apartment to farm life.  In the beginning, she wouldn't even leave the house and if she did, she'd creep along the ground. 
Then she started venturing a little further each day and exploring the area around the house. 
 And now she's climbing trees, rolling in dirt and even killing tiny garden snakes. She's gone native. 
  • The garden did well and kept producing bell peppers, tomatoes, swiss chard, brussel sprouts and okra until the first frost around Halloween. Here's one of my last harvest baskets- 
  • Hitching a ride is Walter Hardisty, one of the biggest flowers, dahlia pic! 

No comments: